Today was the first outdoor yoga class. We had perfect weather and a fantastic turnout. For me practicing outside gives a whole other sense of gratitude and grounding. There was a moment as I was teaching where I was entirely consumed by one tiny detail like the alignment of your big toe and all of a sudden I looked up. Does this place really exist? The sky was clear, the ocean was feeding our flow and the mountains gave a sense of humbling “one-ness”. There is another element to practicing outside that you just don’t experience indoors. Appreciation and gratitude for you surroundings. Surroundings being the environment, peers and community. I was so happy to see each and every student take time to come and practice for a cause higher than themselves (Strathcona community Center’s charity program). When we can learn to feel gratitude we learn that we have more to offer to the community at large. I am so inspired and honoured by everybody who made it out tonight and I’m looking forward to the classes to come! xo
Mondays & Thursdays from 5:30- 6:30 pm
I’m teaching from 10:30 am -11:00 am… come join!!!
I am currently selling tickets for “An Evening of Wisdom & Meditation”
This event is on July 9th at 7pm. It’s being held at St. Andrew’s Wesley Church.
About Sri Sri:
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, founder of the Art of Living Foundation and the International Association for Human Values, has inspired a global phenomenon of caring, sharing and service, which has spread to over 140 countries across the globe. The programs, service activities and relief efforts of the Art of Living have benefited over 300 million people worldwide.
Sri Sri has dedicated his life to a violence-free global family, transcending the boundaries of religion, nationality, race and language. The innovative programmes he has devised and the immense social work he has undertaken stem from his commitment to rejuvenation of human values, a violence-free society and to enable people to lead happier, healthier, stress-free lives.
Sri Sri travels to more than 40 countries every year, to reinforce the message that we are a one world family and that the great spiritual traditions and religions share common goals and values. Those who have listened to him acknowledge the universal inclusiveness of his appeal.
Please email me if you would like to come!
Peace and Love
Now that it’s FINALLY turning into summer around Vancouver I think it’s appropriate to discuss what activites you will all be doing to keep active and healthy. Although I love spending 40 hours a week in the gym it’s also very important to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Not only will it boost your vitamine D but you’ll also always leave feeling energized and alive. Here’s a list a few things I suggest to do as a healthy gym alternative:
1. Yoga at kits beach with Eoin Finn – http://www.eoinfinnyoga.com/
2. Climb the Chief – http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Stawamus-Chief-near-Squamish-BC-25
3. Kettle Valley Rail Trail – http://www.spiritof2010trail.ca/RailTrail.aspx?id=kettle
4. Get out and do some rock climbing/bouldering- http://www.themountainschool.com/rock-intro.html
5. Hike the Grind- http://www.grousemountain.com/Winter/vancouver-bc-hiking-trails-trips/
6. Relaxation time at the beach (I know it’s not very active but mental health is a top priority)
7. Hit the roller blades – My fav is rolling down to Granville Island for breakfast and then going around the sea wall. Yes I get made fun of for this one, but I love it!
8. Whistler white water rafting –http://www.canadianoutback.com/rafting.php
9. Wakeboarding season is here!!!!!
10. Pitch and putt Golf at Amblesdie park- http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.aspx?course=1941956
- And no better way to plan for these activites than to come in for a one on one personal training session :)
The list is incomplete so please add some of your favorite things to do in summer time!
I have a new class for the month of June at the Lululemon Lab!! This is such a unique and exciting space to be practicing in. If you’ve never been to the lab you should check it out. They have different styles and designs, using all organic cottons that can be worn both on the street and during your practice. PLUS you get to practice among the sewing machines :) Hope to see all you wonderful yogis there. Let me know if you have questions.
Class Time: Tuesdays 6:50-7:30pm
Location: 511 West Broadway