Now that it’s FINALLY turning into summer around Vancouver I think it’s appropriate to discuss what activites you will all be doing to keep active and healthy. Although I love spending 40 hours a week in the gym it’s also very important to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Not only will it boost your vitamine D but you’ll also always leave feeling energized and alive. Here’s a list a few things I suggest to do as a healthy gym alternative:
1. Yoga at kits beach with Eoin Finn – http://www.eoinfinnyoga.com/
2. Climb the Chief – http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Stawamus-Chief-near-Squamish-BC-25
3. Kettle Valley Rail Trail – http://www.spiritof2010trail.ca/RailTrail.aspx?id=kettle
4. Get out and do some rock climbing/bouldering- http://www.themountainschool.com/rock-intro.html
5. Hike the Grind- http://www.grousemountain.com/Winter/vancouver-bc-hiking-trails-trips/
6. Relaxation time at the beach (I know it’s not very active but mental health is a top priority)
7. Hit the roller blades – My fav is rolling down to Granville Island for breakfast and then going around the sea wall. Yes I get made fun of for this one, but I love it!
8. Whistler white water rafting –http://www.canadianoutback.com/rafting.php
9. Wakeboarding season is here!!!!!
10. Pitch and putt Golf at Amblesdie park- http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.aspx?course=1941956
- And no better way to plan for these activites than to come in for a one on one personal training session :)
The list is incomplete so please add some of your favorite things to do in summer time!